Free Webcast Offered on Stereotypic Behaviors in Horses

January 14, 2013 under CANR News, Cooperative Extension

Carissa Wickens, assistant professor in the Department of Animal and Food Sciences and equine extension specialist, will present a free webcast at 7 p.m., on Tuesday, January 22, focusing on equine behavior titled, “Is it Coping or is it a Vice? A Review of Cribbing, Weaving and Other Stereotypic Behaviors.”

The presentation will highlight recent research findings related to stereotypic behaviors in horses and will stress the importance of understanding why horses develop these behaviors.

Those wishing to watch the presentation will need to visit My Horse University to register. If it is your first time registering for a My Horse University webcast, you will need to create an account at this link.

My Horse University in partnership with eXtension Horses hosts multiple equine focused webcasts September through May. Presentations are delivered by national equine experts on a variety of topics including nutrition, behavior, genetics, health, conformation and selection, equine business management, and farm safety, just to name a few. Please click here for more information on upcoming and archived webcasts offered through My Horse University.

Share

You must be logged in to post a comment.