On Wednesday April 2nd, the Environmental Impact team organized a trip to Precision Air Convey (PAC) just down the road from Townsend Hall. This local recycling facility gave us a tour and an up-close look at how the process of condensing plastic grocery bags into a solid brick actually works. PAC is hoping that with the help of some University of Delaware interns that they can come up with different ways to use their products (eg. decking materials, retention walls, and even door stops says Dr. Lyons). Take a look at the pictures from our field trip and bring your plastic bags to UD’s receptacle located in the Commons of Townsend Hall to be recycled by PAC.
- The Delaware Center for Horticulture: Urban Greening and So Much More
- Mount Cuba’s Native Garden Wonderland
- Class of 2016′s First Field Trip- Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve
- Filoli = “FIght for a just cause; LOve your fellow man; LIve a good life.”
- San Francisco Botanical Garden and Conservatory of Flowers