As the new Extension Vegetable and Fruit Specialist for the University of Delaware, I encourage you to consider joining the Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association of Delaware. I have just developed a new website for the group.
You may join by following the instructions on the membership page at the website http://delawarefruitvegetable.wordpress.com/membership
We welcome growers, farm owners, farm employees, farm family members and spouses, market masters, market owners and operators, restaurant owners, produce buyers, suppliers, consultants, industry representatives, agency representatives, university representatives, and all other supporters of our fruit and vegetable growers to become members.
Member benefits include:
• A member farm page or links to farm websites on the new web page
• Newsletter and weblog, Twitter page, and Facebook page (new in 2010)
• Winter educational meetings and educational programs throughout the year.
• Promotional materials for use by member farms (such as recipes)
• Promotion of the industry and farms at events throughout the state.
• Voice in legislative activities and input into regulations affecting the industry.
• Programs that can help produce businesses such as “Farm to School”
• Training programs such as Produce Food Safety
and much more…
Members of the Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association of Delaware are very diverse – from market gardeners selling at nearby farmers markets to grower-shippers who supply supermarkets throughout the east; from farms offering Community Supported Agriculture subscriptions to nearby families to processing vegetable growers providing regional freezing and canning plants with tons of raw product that will be sold throughout the country.