Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Wye Research and Education Center
211 Farm Lane
Please join us for an evening in the strawberry field.
● Hear University and USDA fruit specialists discuss strawberry production systems.
● Interact with specialists to discuss concerns you may have in your strawberry operation.
● Hear the details of a new MDA specialty crop grant that will begin this summer at WREC producing out-of-season blueberry, bramble, and strawberries.
What you will see:
● Strawberry production in High Tunnels (4 varieties and several USDA advanced selections)
● Plant-based bio-fumigation trial used in the annual plasticulture system
● Early and late planted Chandlers managed in the Fall with and without floating row covers
Desserts will be available following the meeting.
No pre-registration required, however, if you need special assistance in order to attend the program, please call Debby Dant 410-827-8056 X115, no later than May 12, 2010.
THIS YEAR’S TWILIGHT WILL BE HELD IN THE STRAWBERRY FIELD (RATHER THAN IN THE FARM SHOP). PLEASE FOLLOW POSTED SIGNS, WHICH WILL DIRECT YOU TO THE PROPER FIELD AND PARKING AREA.
For program information, contact: Michael Newell, firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 827-7388
Equal opportunity employer and equal access programs.