Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Carvel Research and Education Center
16483 County Seat Hwy
Georgetown, DE 19947
Come see and hear about many of the UD Extension’s field research projects for Agronomic and Commercial vegetables which involve soil health or cover crop components.
A variety of projects will be presented including:
● Reduced tillage/no-till for limas
● Evaluation of biofumigant and winter kill cover crops
● Pumpkins produced with rye cover crop – influence of rye on weed control and fruit quality
● Use of cover crop and reduced tillage in a rotational system for commercial vegetable production – strategies for fitting cover crops into different systems
● Soybean production with rye cover crops – advantages and challenges
● Also discussion of on-going projects with bee pollination and irrigation
Dinner will be served. There is no charge for this field day.
After dinner we will have a conversation on our current and future research efforts and would like feedback on future educational programs
Please pre-register by contacting Karen Adams at 302-856-2585 ext. 540 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Register by September 11.
CCA: S/W 1; NM 0.5; CM 0.5; IPM 0.5
DE Nutrient Management: 1.0
DE Pesticide Credits: 1 PA; 1 Agric. Plant; 1 Demo/Research